Rutland Walking for Health Scheme
Our array of Walking for Health Groups offer a friendly, inclusive, vibrant atmosphere for all newcomers and regular walkers. They aim to get you out in the beautiful Rutland countryside, exercise your body, mind and soul while having a good old natter.
All groups are open for anyone to attend, no matter of your age, ability or size. The groups will offer their support, friendship and knowledge to all. Just turn up and have a go!
All walks are led by trained walk leaders who are bursting with enthusiasm and well planned routes. All of Rutland's Healthy Walks are registered with Walking for Health, including insurance.
Walking is great for your health and puts a spring in your step. With Walking for Health, you can take part in a free short walk nearby to help you get active and stay active at a pace that works for you. It's a great way to stretch your legs, explore what's on your doorstep, and make new friends. Walks go ahead whatever the weather! New walkers are always welcome regardless of age or fitness levels. There is a social element with refreshments available afterwards.
Walking for Health Groups in Rutland:
Ketton Healthy Walking Group:
- Day: Thursdays
- Time: 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Meeting Point: Ketton Sports and Community Centre
- Contact: Ron Tilley - 07922 268971
Oakham Healthy Walking Group:
- Day: Mondays
- Time: 10:15am - 11:00am
- Meeting Point: Common Room at St Anne's & St John's, South Street, Oakham
- Contact: Glenys Laidler - 01572 724361
Additional Walking Groups
These groups aren't accredited by Walking for Health however are a casual group of people going out for a walk if you wish to join them.
- Day: Every other Mondays (1st/3rd - Out of Village Walk)
- Time: 10:00am/10:30am - 12:00pm
- Meeting Point: Ryhall Village Hall
- Contact: Bob Rushby - 01780 756917
- Please note that this walk is suitable for more experienced walkers looking for a challenge.
South Luffenham Walking Group:
- Day: Saturdays/Sundays (Alternate Weeks)
- Time: 10:00am - 11:30pm (Meet at 9:30am)
- Meeting Point: South Luffenham Village Hall
- Contact: Steve Craig - 01780 722169 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Guided Walking Holidays
Rutland Trails provide guided walking holidays in Rutland and surrounding areas for single people, couples and groups, as well as hosting corporate team building events. For further information please visit www.rutlandtrails.co.uk.