Volunteering in Sport
Without the three million adult volunteers who contribute at least one hour a week to volunteering in sport, community sport would grind to a halt!
Volunteering in sport isn't just about being a coach or an official - it can involve helping out at an event, organising a lunchtime running group, 5-a-side football league or even rounders in the park! Or perhaps use your IT, marketing, administration, fundraising and management skills to support clubs or just get involved to help and have fun.
Volunteering in sport is a great way to:
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Give something back to the community and make a difference
- Gain experience, confidence and develop new skills
- Enhance your CV
- Volunteering may even lead to possible employment opportunities
The 70,000 'Games Makers' at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games contributed 8 million hours of volunteering and without them the Games would not have been possible.
A recent study commissioned by Sport England found that:
- There are over 6,000 voluntary sport organisations in England
- More than 3.2 million adults (7.6% of the population) contribute to volunteering in sport each week.
- The economic value of sport in terms of volunteering in England is estimated to be £2.7 billion.
- In terms of employment, sport is estimated to support over 440,000 full-time equivalent jobs - 2.3% of all jobs in England.
Need A Volunteer?
If you are a club or sporting organisation that has a volunteering or coaching opportunity then please get in contact with Danielle Adams at email@example.com with details of your opportunity.