Small Grants for Equipment Fund
The Small Grants for Equipment Fund is available to any sport and physical activity providers within Rutland. The purpose is to increase opportunities and support the development of grass roots participation in sport and physical activity at a local level. Organisations can apply for up to £500 per annum.
Providers need to meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for funding:
- We will only accept applications from community sports clubs and/or physical activity providers based in Rutland.
- Any sports club that is registered with its National Governing Body or has an active part in Active Rutland can apply. Please note we do not restrict entries to certain sports or certain activities.
- Applications will only be considered where the equipment will lead to a growth in participation.
- No preference is given to the types of sport or the age of people involved with the club, however we do look for sports clubs and community groups that play an active role in the community.
- Priority will be given to applications with an element of match funding.
- Grants for equipment will not be eligible for short-term events such as camps and tournaments.
- Grants are not available for individuals.
- Only one application will be permitted per organisation per annum.
- Funding will not be given towards projects that are regular annual events, running costs, fundraising activities or items that will primarily benefit individuals, e.g. kit that's not shared, on-going staff costs, motor vehicles and construction or refurbishment costs.
- Retrospective applications will not be considered.
If you receive a grant you will be required to complete an evaluation form and submit this within 12 months of receipt. Failure to complete an evaluation form will make your organisation ineligible for equipment grants in the future and you may be asked to pay the grant back. You will be asked to attend the Active Rutland Local Sports Alliance meeting to feedback your experience and the benefits you received as an organisation from receiving this funding. Any press or media releases must state that the money was received from Active Rutland, Local Sports Alliance.
Please return your completed form to email@example.com or to The Active Rutland Team, Rutland County Council, Catmose, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6HP.