England Athletics: Updated Guidance for Runners, Athletes, Coaches & Leaders
Posted: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 14:20
Following the new government advice on 28 May 2020 easing lockdown restrictions, groups of up to six people from different households will be able to meet outside in England from Monday 1 June (maintaining social distancing guidelines of 2m apart).
As a result, we have updated our guidance documents:
- Guidance for athletes and runners return to activity
- Guidance for coaches and leaders return to activity
- Guidance for athletic venues return to activity
What it means for athletics and running
- Exercise outdoors only in groups of up to 6 people providing athletes/runners maintain social distancing advice i.e. 2m apart if from a different household
- A coach and up to 5 athletes or runners can train together provided they maintain social distancing i.e. 2m apart if from a different household
- Advice for young, masters and disabled runners and athletes is contained in the athlete guidance document.
(Source & Image: England Athletics)