Inclusive Sport In Rutland
In Rutland, we aim and strive to ensure all our sporting activities are inclusive. We want to make sure there are opportunities available for everyone, especially those with a disability.
Aiming High Activities - Contact Aiming High team on email@example.com. or 01572 722577
- Boccia - First Saturday of the month, 10am-12pm, Greetham Community Centre. Age range 8-25 years.
- Trampolining - Tuesdays 4-6.30pm, Oakham C of E Primary School. Age range 5-25 years.
- Rutland Conquerors Basketball - Wednesdays 7:15-8:15pm during term-time, Catmose Sports Centre. Age range 11-25. £2 per session.
Rutland Roteract Family Support Centre Activities - Contact RRFSC on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07402 090603.
- Introduction to swimming lessons - Saturdays during term-time, Oakham C of E. For children under 5 years with parents. £5.50 per session.
- Special needs swimming lessons - Saturday afternoons during term-time at Oakham C of E and Catmose Sports Centre swimming pools. Age range 5-25 years. £5.50 per session.
- Complex needs swimming lessons - Inspire2tri offer sessions in a hydrotherapy pool for those children and young people with the most complex physical needs.
- Horse riding lessons - Sunday afternoons, Chestnut Farm Stables, East Norton. Sessions are provided in 6 week blocks throughout the year. Age range 5-25 years. £8 per session.
Other Local Activities:
- Adult trampolining - Wednesdays 6-7pm, Catmose Sports Centre. Parents/carers aged 18+. Contact Amanda Mathers on email@example.com, 01572 724989 or 07894 991980
- Tap to it Dance by RYDA - Thursdays 4.30-5.15pm, Brightways. Age 6+. Contact Sarah Bell on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07505 970808
- Step to it Dance by RYDA - Thursdays 5.15-6pm, Brightways. Age range 12-25 years. Contact Sarah Bell on email@example.com or 07505 970808
- Adult Multi-Sports Club - Tuesday 10:30am-12:00pm, Active Rutland Hub, Oakham Enterprise Park, Ashwell, LE15 7TU. £2 per session. Contact Glynn on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01572 758403.
- Brightways Boccia Club - Wednesday 3-4pm term-time only, Brightways, Catmose Campus. FREE. Contact Lauren on LCotton@rutland.gov.uk.
- Sailability - Thursdays 10am-3pm (all year) and Saturdays 9am-12pm (April-October), Rutland Sailing Club, Rutland Water, Edith Weston. Contact Chris on email@example.com / 01832 280351 or Linda on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01780 764029.
- Ketton Panthers Junior Triathlon Club - specific triathlon training sessions for children/adolescents with additional needs during the holidays, £15 per 3 sessions (29th-31st May and 21st-23rd August, 10-10.45am and 11.15am-12pm). Ketton Scouts Hut, Pitt Lane, Ketton, PE9 3SZ. Contact Caroline on email@example.com.
Deliver Disability Sport
Are you a sports club/fitness instructor or activity provider and would like to start or improve your inclusive activities, contact us and see how we can help.
Alternatively visit http://parasport.org.uk/ and register your activities on the website so that individuals are aware of what sessions are already taking place.
There are a range of courses, workshops and training provided to support those who are inclusive. Visit http://www.lrsport.org/workforceprogramme for more information or see below.
Other Inclusive Opportunities
Ellesmere College support structure for disability sport and physical activity throughout Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland. Click on their logo to go to their website.
This link http://www.lrsport.org/disabilitysport provides information on Leicester-Shire and Rutland based projects in your local area.