GO GOLD Talented Athlete Funding
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport are pleased to support talented young athletes who live or attend a school in Leicestershire, Rutland or Leicester City, through the GO GOLD Talented Athlete Fund.
The aim of GO GOLD is to support talented young athletes who are currently performing at regional standard or above in their sport, including those athletes who are being recognised by their National Governing Bodies as being our future Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth athletes and potential medal winners.
Applications for the 2019/2020 GO GOLD Funding Programme will open November 2018.
The GO GOLD Podium Funding comes in three tiers:
Unsuccessful applicants at Podium Level will be automatically referred to their Local Authority for a Performance grant (£100) if their Local Authority is participating in the programme.
Before applying, consider the previous main funding criteria:
- Aged between 14-23 years old on 31st December 2017 (athletes between 12-13 years may be considered only if they are competing at National/International Level).
- Must live in Leicestershire, Leicester or Rutland and attend the local school system. If athletes are currently studying away at University, their parents/on-term time address should be in Leicestershire, Leicester or Rutland. We will not fund athletes studying in the area that are not from Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
- Must be in full time education.
- Competing at Regional (for East Midlands/Midlands), National or International Level.
- Must be competing in an Olympic, Paralympic or Commonwealth discipline or be participating in a locally recognised priority sport.