Rutland Girls Can
Rutland Girls Can- Secondary School Event
On Wednesday 16th December, girls from Catmose College, Casterton College Rutland and Uppingham Community College attended the very first "Rutland Girls Can" event. PE teachers were asked to identify girls that did not attend any school sports clubs, had a negative attitude towards PE and School Sport, or that lacked confidence in PE lessons. These girls were then invited to attend the whole day event at the Active Rutland Hub. The girls took part in 6 different activities throughout the day, each of which was not on offer as a PE or after school activity at their school.
- Kick Boxing- Led by Natasha Mina a This Girl Can Champion
- Dodgeball- Led by Eshelby Leisure's coach Craig Naylor
- Bungie Pump- Led by Nordic Walk It's Jo Douglas
- FitSteps- Led by Amy Whearity (FitSteps Rutland) and Louise Allen (Fit2Fab)
- Climbing- Led by Rock Block instructors
- Sports Journalism- Led by Active Mag Staff
The girls filled in evaluation surveys at the end of the day, where they indicated which activities were their favourite, and which activities they would like to see as school clubs. This Girl Can Clubs will arrive in schools next term, with the activity that the girls ranked as their favourite event. Following the first term, girls will take ownership of their school clubs, requesting activities that they want!
View photos from the event here...
School Sports Network Manager
Rutland County Council
If you have any questions regarding school sport competitions please contact me.