Inclusive Sport In Rutland
In Rutland, we aim and strive to ensure all our sporting activities are inclusive. We want to make sure there are opportunities available for everyone, especially those with a disability.
The London 2012 Paralympics showcased the abilities in which Paralympians have and inspired a nation to support disabled athletes as well as disabled participants. We then backed this up at the Rio Paralympics 2016 where our GB athletes demonstrated determination, courage, inpsiration and equality. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport click this link to keep up to date with whats happening on a national scale.
- Rutland Conquerors Basketball- Wednesday 7:15pm-8:15pm, Catmose Sports Centre
- Step to it Dance- Thursday 5pm-6pm, Brightways Community Centre
- Aiming High Trampolining Club- Friday 4:30pm-6:30pm, Active Rutland Hub
- Aiming High Boccia-First Saturday of the month 10am-12, Greetham Community centre.
- Aiming High Climbing Club-First Sunday of the month 9:30am-11am, Rutland Water,Whitwell.
- Sailability- Phone for details, Linda Pattison 01780764029
- Adults Multi-Sports Club- Tuesday 11am-12noon, Active Rutland Hub.
- Royce Rangers Football Club- Thursdays 6-7pm, Catmose Leisure Centre
- Aiming High Paralympic Sports Club- Tuesday 5-6:30pm, Active Rutland Hub- STARTING 19TH APRIL 2016 FOR 6 WEEEKS
Deliver Disability Sport
Are you a sports club/fitness instructor or activity provider and would like to start or improve your inclusive activties, contact the Sport and Active Recreation Team and see how we can help.
Alternatively visit http://parasport.org.uk/ and register your activities on the website so that individuals are aware of what sessions are already taking place.
There are a range of courses, workshops and training provided to support those who are inclusive. Visit http://www.lrsport.org/workforceprogramme for more information or see below.
Ellesmere College support structure for disability sport and physical activity throughout Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland. Click on their logo to go to their website.
This link http://www.lrsport.org/disabilitysport provides information on Leicester-Shire and Rutland based projects in your local area as well as this, LRS have their own legacy maker dedicated to inclusive sports. For any information or queries please contact Lucy Rogan on email@example.com or phone on: 0116 289 4242 Ext: 146
Useful Website Links
National Disability Sports Organisations
Disability Sport Development Legacy Maker
Lucy is the Leicester-Shire and Rutland Disability Sport Development Legacy Maker, she oversees disability and inclusive sport across all three areas of the East Midlands. Any queries about projects outside of Rutland please feel free to contact her.
- 0116 2894242 EXT: 146