GO GOLD Talented Athlete Funding
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, supported by Leicestershire County Council, Leicester City Council and Rutland County Council, are pleased to support talented young athletes through the GO GOLD Talented Athlete Fund.
The aim of GO GOLD is to support talented young athletes who are currently performing at regional standard or above in their sport, including those athletes who are being recognised by their National Governing Bodies as being our future Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth athletes and potential medal winners.
Funding to support GO GOLD is given by Leicestershire County Council, Leicester City Council and Rutland County Council, and it financially support athletes who live or attend a school in Leicestershire, Rutland or Leicester City. The scheme opens annually in September - October for applications.
Athletes competing at a Regional, National or International Level in an Olympic, Paralympic or Commonwealth discipline are eligible for GO GOLD Podium Funding. Unsuccessful applicants at Podium Levelw ill be automatically referred to their Local Authority for a Performance Grant (£100) if their Local Authority is participating in the pogramme (RCC is).
Before applying, consider the main funding criteria:
- Aged between 14-23 years old on 1st September 2016 (athletes between 12-13yrs may be considered only if tehy are competing at National/International Level.
- Must live in Leicestershire, Leicester or Rutland and attend the local school system. Non-term time addresses should be in Leicestershire, Leicester or Rutland, those outisde this area will not be considered.
- Must be in full time education.
- Competing at Regional (for East Midlands/Midlands), National or International Level.
- Must be competing in an Olympic, Paralympic or Commonwealth discipline or be participating in a locally recognised priority sport.